I got back from Ischgl yesterday and was all set to write a post about the food there (better than anticipated – stay tuned) but instead was stoked to discover that the wonderful Collette of The Silly Asparagus had nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger Award! I absolutely love reading her interesting and eclectic blog about her journey into vegetarian-land, so am really happy to find that the feeling is mutual!
As I am new to this who blogging thing, I didn’t know much about how these awards worked so had a bit of a search around the World Wide Web. The Kreativ Blogger Award works in a similar way to a chain mail, in that if you are nominated, you then nominate seven other blogs for the award in order to accept. I am not a fan of regular chain mails but this award is different as it’s a great way to share blogs you love with those who read yours. It’s about supporting the writers you enjoy reading and giving them some well-deserved recognition. And it feels damn good to be nominated!
To those I nominate, feel free not to follow the rules but here they are:
- Thank the nominating blogger and provide a link to that blog
- Spread the love by nominating seven other bloggers, including their links
- Tell your readers seven things they may not already know about you
So, here are seven things about me:
1. I am obsessed with Harry Potter. Obsessed. I can’t count the number of times I have read each book and even though some of the movies make me throw things at the screen (Prisoner of Azkaban? AHH!), I can’t stop watching them. I can’t wait to do my studio tour in a couple of months and I own a stupid amount of HP paraphernalia.
2. I am addicted to coffee. A good skinny latte is the way to my heart. I only like fat-free milk, which they don’t seem to do in Austria, so last week was a little bit torturous in its lack of coffee. But back to guzzling at least two cups a day now!
3. I hate odd numbers. Unless they are divisible by five. I can’t explain it, I just hate to look of them, I hate using them and it’s a little torturous that this award is all about the number seven! I used to think I was the only one with this little ‘quirk’ but over the years, I have discovered my allies and for some reason, we’re all okay with fives. And yes, I made this point number three on purpose.
4. I desperately want to skydive. I have bungee-jumped (in Whistler, Canada – amazing!) but I really want to go higher and faster!
5. I have blue eyes. The rules said nothing about the little facts being interesting!
6. I am a stickler for spelling and grammar. If ever you spot any errors glaring on my blog, please let me know because it will kill me if I discover it days or, worse, months later. Before you mention it, I am okay with ‘Kreativ Blogger’ as researching the award taught me that it was created by a Norwegian. ‘Kreativ’ means ‘creative’ in German (not Norwegian, as I first assumed), so maybe she spoke German too?!
7. I hate peas. (10 Things I Hate About You reference, anyone?!) In general, I don’t consider myself a fussy eater (I will try almost anything non-meat) but some people do as the foods I don’t like are really common ones: peas, mashed potato, olives, cooked carrot, spaghetti (any other pasta is fine), and chocolate cake/desserts are the main ones.
Now that that’s out of the way, time for the fun part – nominations!
As a new blogger, still finding my way around the WordPress world, I found it tricky to decide who to nominate. So I went with some of the bloggers who have either been most encouraging or inspiring in my journey. Please check out their blogs; they are all great reads! In no particular order, I nominate:
1. veggiewitch: A super-positive, versatile blog about all things vegan.
2. lucysfriendlyfoods: To quote her tagline, this blog follows a “Cordon Bleu trained veggie mum of two (navigating) the world of allergies”. Love her family stories and gorgeous photos!
3. Sexy Tofu: I love her style of writing and the blog is an interesting one. You may have guessed from the name but she not only writes about good (vegan) food but good sex too. A great healthy lifestyle blog.
4. the smiley soyabean: I want to eat her photos and have a bunch of recipes she’s posted on my ‘must make’ list.
5. Dudette Here: A fellow noob in the land of blog and a fellow migraine sufferer trying to find a cure through a veggie diet and healthy lifestyle. I am enjoying her journey so far and excited to see what is to come!
6. Onion in My Hair: A positive, healthy living blog that I really enjoy reading.
7. Dig into Books: This blog combines two of my favourite things – food and books. Love it!
Thanks again for the nomination, Silly Asparagus. You made my day!